xJSFL not working at all
  • TigerFoxTigerFox July 2011

1. I cannot see any snippets inside the snippet-panel in flash. getting a message like:

> xjsfl: running core bootstrap...
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xjsfl.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "class" to an existing file
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "flfile" to an existing file

2. when I try to run script in Komodo, I get errors like : Permission denied - as soon as I change the file permissions I get errors like

...../xJSFL/user/jsfl/test.jsfl: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `this'
    ...../xJSFL/user/jsfl/test.jsfl: line 1: `xjsfl.init(this);'

What did I miss? Any help very much appreciated!

thx

• DaveDave July 2011

Ouch. Doesn't sound good!

Have you tried installing afresh, to a brand new folder?

What OS and version of Flash are you on? xJSFL is CS3 and above only.

Obviously I don't get the change to test on wide variety of systems, so I hope it's not something system specific.

• DaveDave July 2011

OK - I've just looked at the formatted output from your other post, and I think the problem may be  because you have TWO xJSFL folders in the path:

> xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Users/wolf/BUSINESS/WORKSPACE/GIT/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/jsfl/Snippets.jsfl"

Not sure why you have it set up like that, but I should probably look again at how xJSFL resolves to the root xJSFL folder internally.

Can you run this code...

trace(FLfile.uriToPlatformPath(xjsfl.uri));

...and copy the result here?

For the time being just make sure there's only one xJSFL folder, which is the root of your xJSFL installation.

• Same for me, this is not working. Idon't have 2 xJSFL folders in the real file path (/Users/benjamincombes/Documents/Libs/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/jsfl/Snippets.jsfl), however the one indicated in the output (xJSFL/Users/benjamincombes/Documents/Libs/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/jsfl/Snippets.jsfl) has 2:

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "class" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "flfile" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "filesystem" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "xml" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "config" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "events" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "jsfl" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "data" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "geom" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "timer" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "superdoc" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "context" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "iterators" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "collections" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "library" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "stage" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "output" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "template" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "simple-template" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "table" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "source" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "xul" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "module" to an existing file

> xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "validate" to an existing file

> xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Users/benjamincombes/Documents/Libs/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/jsfl/Snippets.jsfl"

> xjsfl: initializing...

> xjsfl: running user bootstrap...

> xjsfl: ready!

Let me know if I can do anything to help, or if you need mode details. I am runing Flash CS5.5 on MaxOSX 10.6.8, thanks!

• DaveDave July 2011

I think the best option would be to have a chat on Skype if you can. Debugging locally is a pain, let alone remotely, with a new, untested framework!

I'm on Skype as dave [at] xjsfl [dot] com

What timezone are you in?

Cheers,
    Dave

• AntoineAntoine August 2011

Hi, Any ideas how to fix this issue ?

I can't wait to test xJSFL !!! Thanks again for this promising tool.

• DaveDave August 2011

Hey @Antoine,

Grab me on Skype and we'll go through it together

:D

I managed to get a successful startup by changing l.1022 in xjsfl.jsfl. But then I could not see any Snippets in the panel.

Here is the change I made to get rid of errors, instead of :

var uri = xjsfl.file.makeURI(paths[i] + path);
    i changed it to
    var uri = 'file:/'+paths[i] + path;

I am running Flash CS5.5 on Mac OSX Lion. So it seems it has to do with file URI resolution.

• DaveDave August 2011

Hey Antoine,

All filesystem operations in xJSFL go through makeURI, so if i have to update that, I will.

If you add a fl.trace(uri) to the line below (with the original code) what do you get when xJSFL boots? I get:

=================================================================

██  █████ ██████ ██   
               ██ ██     ██     ██   
      ██ ██    ██  ████  █████  ██   
       ███     ██     ██ ██     ██   
      ██ ██ ████  █████  ██     █████

The Rapid-Development Framework for Extending Adobe Flash

> xjsfl: install path: "E:/05 - Commercial Projects/xJSFL/3 - development/xJSFL/"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/class.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/class.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/class.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/flfile.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/flfile.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/flfile.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/filesystem.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/filesystem.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/filesystem.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xml.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/xml.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xml.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/config.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/config.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/config.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/events.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/events.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/events.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/jsfl.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/jsfl.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/jsfl.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/json.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/json.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/json.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/data.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/data.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/data.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/geom.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/geom.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/geom.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/timer.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/timer.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/timer.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/superdoc.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/superdoc.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/superdoc.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/context.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/context.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/context.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/iterators.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/iterators.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/iterators.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/collections.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/collections.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/collections.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/library.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/library.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/library.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/stage.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/stage.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/stage.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/output.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/output.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/output.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/template.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/template.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/template.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/simple-template.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/simple-template.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/simple-template.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/table.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/table.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/table.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/source.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/source.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/source.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xul.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/xul.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xul.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/module.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/module.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/module.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/validate.jsfl
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/validate.jsfl
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/validate.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/modules/Snippets/jsfl/Snippets.jsfl"
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/config/settings/snippets.xml
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/config/settings/snippets.xml
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/config/settings/snippets.xml
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/core/config/data/snippets.xml
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/config/data/snippets.xml
    file:///E|/05%20-%20Commercial%20Projects/xJSFL/3%20-%20development/xJSFL/user/config/data/snippets.xml

Which all point to the correct files.

I've logged the uri like you asked me to (without the modifications I talked about the other day), here's the result :

██  █████ ██████ ██    
               ██ ██     ██     ██    
      ██ ██    ██  ████  █████  ██    
       ███     ██     ██ ██     ██    
      ██ ██ ████  █████  ██     █████ 

The Rapid-Development Framework for Extending Adobe Flash

file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/class.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/class.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/flfile.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/flfile.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/filesystem.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/filesystem.jsfl
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "filesystem" to an existing file
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xml.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/xml.jsfl
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "xml" to an existing file
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/config.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/config.jsfl
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "config" to an existing file
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/events.jsfl
    file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/user/jsfl/libraries/events.jsfl
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "events" to an existing file
    [..... same for all libraries ...]
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load: Could not resolve type "library" and name "validate" to an existing file
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/jsfl/Snippets.jsfl"

As you can see, there is a duplication in the location.

• DaveDave August 2011

OK, interesting. Can you check the file:

<flash>/<lang>/Configuration/Tools/xJSFL.ini

And see what the path stored there is? It should look like this (but might not be)

xjsflURI=file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/

Yes the .ini file seems to be fine, like you expected.

xjsflURI=file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/antoinelassauzay/Documents/dev/xJSFL/

Did you have a chance to test xJSFL on Mac ? Maybe Flash itself is the issue. I read Adobe software is pretty buggy on Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion).

Anyway let me know if you need more info from me.

• DaveDave August 2011

I have 10.6 on my Mac, but unfortunately I don't have a licenced copy of Flash. I suspect that the problem / bug might be in xjsfl.file.makeURI() or xjsfl.file.makePath().

Also, could you try commenting the "flfile" entry "xjsfl.classes.load()" in "core/jsfl/bootstrap.jsfl" ?

Only a few tiny little bugs standing between xJSFL being a lamb or a lion!

PS. Feel free to email me if you want some quicker technical support on this one: dave at xjsfl dot com.

• DaveDave September 2011

OK, this is all solved in the latest release :)

• NardoNardo September 2011

Hello

I've got the same problem - no access to the snippets panel - (flash CS3 on Mac 10.4 / Xjsfl with the today davestewart-xJSFL-2b0a66b.zip) :
    After  Flash restart:

> xjsfl: install path: "Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/"
    > xjsfl: LOADING XJSFL...
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/flfile.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: loading core libraries...
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/class.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xml.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/core/jsfl/libraries/xul.jsfl"

> xjsfl: LOADING MODULES...
    > xjsfl: searching "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/modules/Sample/" for module bootstrap...
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/modules/Sample/jsfl/bootstrap.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load(): The file "file:///Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/libraries/sample lib.jsfl" could not be found
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load(): The file "file:///Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/sample.jsfl" could not be found
    > xjsfl: copying "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/modules/Sample/ui/xJSFL Sample.swf" to "Flash/Configuration/WindowSWF/"
    > xjsfl: searching "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/" for module bootstrap...
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/modules/Snippets/jsfl/bootstrap.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: Error in xjsfl.file.load(): The file "file:///Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/snippets.jsfl" could not be found
    > xjsfl: SWF panel "xJSFL Snippets.swf" is already up to date

> xjsfl: LOADING USER BOOTSTRAP...
    > xjsfl: loading "xJSFL/Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/user/jsfl/bootstrap.jsfl"
    > xjsfl: loading user libraries...

my xJSFL.ini >>

xjsflURI=file:///Wu/packXjsfl/xJSFL/

So , tried to find :

var uri = xjsfl.file.makeURI(paths[i] + path);

as Antoine previous post, but I have in xjsfl.jsfl :

var uri = paths[i] + path;

So ... peharps CS3/osX 10.4  too old ... :-(   
    // (But all works fine on my CS4/Window at my job)

thanks

There still seem to be a few bugs on my mac as well. I need to check things out properly with Komodo running. Let me do that tonight / tomorrow and I'll get back to you.

Got someone to do some tests, and E4X is good on CS3, which is the only thing I thought might not work.

I've squished another bunch of mac bugs today as well.

Can you copy/paste the JSFL of xjsfl.utils.isAbsolutePath() in xjsfl.jsfl here please? Sounds like you may have an old version.

• NardoNardo September 2011

Mmm... I'm not sure : trying to find  xjsfl.utils.isAbsolutePath() in xjsfl.jsfl (?)

just have found this, in the makePath function

if( ! xjsfl.file.isAbsolutePath(path))
    {path = FLfile.uriToPlatformPath(xjsfl.uri) + path;

this is the only one reference to "isAbsolutePath" in xjsfl.jsfl,

About the version, I just have download the last version (file name :davestewart-xJSFL-858e67c.zip)

Peharps the problem occurs when I make an update after new version (I suprress xjsfl existing files -after search "xjsfl"  in /configuration ) and launch   install.jsfl.

There's a method in the xjsfl.file object called isAbsolutePath and it should be on line 1559 of the current build. Mine is:

isAbsolutePath:function(path)
    {
    if(xjsfl.settings.app.platform === 'mac')
    {
    return path.substr(0, 1).replace('\\', '/') === '/';
    }
    else
    {
    return /^[A-Z]:/i.test(path);
    }
    },

It's important that the first line reads

xjsfl.settings.app.platform

As berfore I'd left a bug in where "platform" was missing.

If you're going to pull a new version from the repo, delete your existing version, as there are big changes and refactoring happening every day. Install as usual, then start using the code.

The Komodo Extension should be completely finished next week (there's a version up on the site already) so if you use Komodo and the NST addon, you should find navigating the code really easy.

Cheers,

Dave

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged