expandFolder not working
  • RytisRytis June 2012

Hi,

I tried to use #reveal() method in ItemsCollection but it didn't work (function #exapandFolder() executes and returns "true" but folder is still collapsed). I have found in forums that library.expandFolder doesn't work at all on CS versions >3. Does it work for you?

Thanks!
    Rytis 

• DaveDave June 2012

Hey Rytis,

I have a feint memory of something being up with expandFolder, and line 252 of ItemCollection confirms it!

//TODO double check that expandFolder IS actually buggy

BUT... I know that at one point this was working great. Not only did the folders expand, but the window scrolled the items into view.

I'll have a little look-see in the next 24 hours and see what I can turn up :)

• DaveDave June 2012

Hmm... works for me in "example assets.fla" on CS4:

$$(':graphic').reveal().list();
    [object ItemCollection length=5]: Array (depth:1, objects:0, values:5, time:0.0 seconds)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    array => Array
    0: "2 - elements/gfx/icon new gfx"
    1: "2 - elements/shapes/triangle"
    2: "2 - elements/shapes/star"
    3: "2 - elements/shapes/circle"
    4: "2 - elements/shapes/square"

Reveals the elements and lists them to make sure.

Do you want to send me a sample file?

• andy_oneandy_one December 2012

I confirm this bug. On CS6 expandFolder doesn't work. 

• DaveDave December 2012

Weirdly, it will work on some installations / sessions, but not on others. I'll bring this up with the team for the CS7 release.

• andy_oneandy_one December 2012

I think it's may be specifiŅ bug for some os/arch (I use Win7 x64). It would be interesting to know what operating system uses Rytis.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged